Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Employee Matching Programs

I'll have more details up on my website about my budget and stuff later when I have the time; I've been kinda slacking off on that. But in the spirit of giving...

Most major employers offer matching contributions to non-profit organization. It is a great way to really increase the effectiveness of how much power you have in giving; in fact, many offer dollar for dollar matching!

The programs vary from company to company (matching amount, timing of giving, etc.), but it is something you should definitely check out, especially with the holiday season coming. The only common restriction that I seem to know of is that these matching donations cannot be typically made to religious/church non-profits, so keep that in mind when looking at what to support.

So when making those donations to get some tax deductions this holiday season, keep those matching programs in mind!

No comments: